Monday, May 11, 2009

Educational Web-Sites I Love

So, I am getting ready to start posting my summer school lessons for 2009!!

What a job it was to make them up all from scratch! There were several bumps along the way...one was that I don't have any PDF software and can't upload my own worksheets...so instead, I just gave general ideas and offered lots of links to LOTS OF SITES that have some GREAT activities and worksheets on the subject matter. Maybe someday I'll get my own software....

The other bump is one I am currently dealing with, and it is giving me stress ALL OVER my little blog world, and that is the untimely death of my camera at Girl Scout Camporee a couple weekends ago. It causes me GREAT sadness...sniff**sniff.

So I have been in the market for a new camera...something bigger, better, and more exciting...but I'm trying to find the right balance of all the features I want, and getting more camera than I need (it's a fine line...trust me).
-
Another thing has been the fact that I let my kids pick what we would be studying (what was I thinking?!?!?!)...and that has led to several headaches as a couple of them picked subjects that were not the easiest to research and build lesson plans around...especially GOSPEL-THEMED lesson plans.

But through it all, it has been wonderful and rewarding, and I am excited to post these lessons soon and hope that someone else can benefit from them...or at least watch our family have fun with them!!

Before I do all this mass posting, though...I wanted to share a few of my favorite educational web-sites. This is by no means an all-inclusive list...as I found some of my greatest resources in the least likely places (like who would've thought that I would get the majority of the material on Rainforest's from the Rain Bird Sprinkler Site?)...but is is still a good list to get most any kind of educational material...

My first favorite is The Learning Page. It is a members site...but membership is FREE!! They have a GREAT staple of basic worksheets on everything from handwriting to math, plus they have monthly theme sheets for grades Pre-K through 4. I LOVE this site.

Another great members site is Enchanted Learning. Enchanted Learning DOES have a fee...but it is only $20.00 a year, and is another great site for basic worksheets and information for research on a huge variety of subjects. You can access most of the site without paying the membership fee, but in order to print worksheets without printing ads, you have to pay the fee.

I also am in love with Teach-nology. Teach-nology is a teacher run site where teachers submit lesson plans they have created for others to use.

ABCTeach is another great teacher-run site that I have used a few times for this, that, and the other.

Do YOU have any websites that you love when it comes to your kids education? If so - feel free to share them...I'm always interested in new hits!!

See you soon, with our first Summer School Lesson Installment...THE RAINFOREST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment